Thursday, October 31, 2013

It is necessary to try to surpass oneself always; this occupation ought to last as long as life.














31 October 2013. 12:34noon. Day 14

This is day four in Rome, I started my day early once again, today I slept a bit late, haha, only wake at 6.50am, yes that's late by my Rome standard, I get ready by 7.15 and head out. Yes, u guess it, I stop by the corner place to have a cappuccino again, plus this time I have a biorche to go with me.

I took bus H and head to piazza vinecia, where I want to take more photos of the typewriter, the church beside it, the stairs plus the city hall, where the Meyer works. After that I get on with my list of things I want to cover today which include: piazza navona, pantheon, I even manage to follow the guide and found a very famous cafe that sells a type of ice blended cream coffee called granita caffe'.

Then it's time to hit the metro again with my first destination supposedly the Vatican museum, unfortunately the queue was just too crazy for me to take, so I walk off thinking it is actually an important site but to me it's not that big a deal so much so that I want to get crazy with the people to go inside and have a visit. There's something in life you can do without, always, I guess.

So I give Vatican museum a pass, went ahead a take my second pitstop with the metro- circo Massimo where there's couple of things I can check out like Basilica of San Clemente, Baths Of Carracala, forum boarium, Santa Maria in cosmedin (Bocca Della verita).

There's something about Rome that makes you feel little, in a good way. Here I am now sitting in the quiet baths of Carracala, had my lacked lunch and typing away. You can't help but imagine that here was once a huge bath place that can hold 5,000 people, the grand scheme of thing in Rome. Well, I guess I just really enjoy this quietness that will end soon.

After circo Massimo, I followed the hop on off map and got myself to a few stops via metro to check out some of the things not on the list e.g: piazza vittorio emanuele, the pope cathedral in S.Giovanni and lastly I stop at Republica to shoot the piazza during the day coz I got it the other day at night and also visited basilica S.Maria degli angel e die martiri.

I decided to buy the train ticket before I head home from the termini, unfortunately I think is the rush hour so the machines are not working. I ended up buying the tickets at the tresveres station instead, which is better, coz whole walking back home, I hit the mini market again thought of getting a quarter roasted chicken alas there only sell it full. Nonetheless, I got some nice canned fish and bread, then got home found that I'm all by myself for once during dinner without the dog disturbance, I enjoy my evening to the fullest.

Let's cheers to that!!!!!

No comments: