Friday, November 1, 2013

Take what you can use and let the rest go by.



















1 November 2013, 10:23am day 15

Today is my last day in Rome, I am really taking it easy to the max I woke at 6.30am nonetheless, pack my picnic bag which consist of banana, yogurt, beer, chips, sandwiches and all the food I'm planning to finish today, so I don't leave anything at the host place.

I have no real plan today really, I check out the map and app, there's still some places that is off the path, small little place that might worth checking out.

So I got out and went to the corner cafe Willy for my usual, the cafe guy recognize me as I don't need to even say it he already mention un cappuccino for me, then you understand why people like the routine. That will be my last cup of cappuccino there, I will miss the warmth of that little cafe. Then, I walked to the train station because I want to make sure about them schedule, which means tomorrow I'll be leaving the house by 6am. Walking back to the main road, I decided to hop on the tram, which will be the first time for me in Italy, it brings me a couple of stop then I decided to get down at trasvere, because even though I stay there and pass by via public transport everyday, but I never really make a stop. So I check the app on nearby attraction and found a church, to be one of the oldest that worth a go. I walked around and found it, somehow gotten a bit off the track, so I trace back to the main road and reroute myself to take the public transportation to termini again, from there kick off my day in Roma central.

I took the metro and stop at spagna where some greenery can be found, here I am sitting in villa borghese, enjoying my sandwich and chip. I even found the little green cinema.

After that I get back to the metro and walk towards Spanish steps in order to find some so called local famous gelato and tiramisu. In the end everything here taste good, so I guess whatever in the review that stated must try, must have, most probably overrated.

I didn't do much visiting and photo shooting, just stroll around leisurely and gosh the tourists come in by the dozen and dozen. I'm glad I was able to enjoy Rome in its queiter moment. I even bought three pair of jeans so I can throw all the old one, yay!

I guess I will wrap it up for today, later on heather my host was nice enough to invite me to join their little Halloween party, I guess as I'm the folded bed guest, would be odd not to join, what am I gonna do sitting there in the living room, right? Perhaps I can even have some real hot meal too :)

In the end for all the travel you done or might want to do, what really matter is not so much the journey, it's rather who you go with. To me there is someone far to reach, hard to find, so let's just say I'm happy and contented being who I am for now. I concluded that this 15 day trip allowed me to experience Italy wit  it's best and worst. Let's just leave it at that and make this memory of italy trip worth the while.

I have to say, Malaysia I so miss you !

No comments: