Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Self-esteem is the reputation we acquire with ourselves.















30 October 2013. 8:04am. Day 13

This is day three in Rome, I started my day early again, been awake since 5:30, so decided to get up at 6.30 to get ready. There's one another room at the place I rented that another couple occupied, really really young, from the accent I'm guessing they are American. We said a quick hi & goodbye then went out together because they are in a hurry. I stop by the corner place to have a cappuccino again, this will be the same routine I'm gonna have for my whole Rome stay. It's a lovely little neighborhood cafe, people greet people nicely and endlessly, sometimes feel odd and I thought I'm being too polite.

Continue on with bus. H now I arrive at a big square where I can already see big huge Rome building, I stop at the park for a while and start writing away. This is only day three and I have a sense of depress already, I guess I really have too much time in my hand and my mind go wondering wild. Well the thing is also my big back pack hurt my back a little bit, i think I carry it around too much and it hits me. I ought to be really careful now.

Check in with you again in a while. Ciao!

So today with my three day bus/ metro bus, I'm planning to do some serious metro hopping from one place to the other. Little did I know, in colosseum itself I already spend half a day coz in the end I decided to get a pass to visit colosseum, Roma forum and paleon hill. It's really a magnificent place which of coz from the outside looks grand, but until you get yourself check out the inside, you have to really see it to believe it.

After that, I had my packed lunch and continue in my journey via metro, thanks to the app again I often check the nearby attractions from time to time. What good about Rome metro is that, at each stop if there's a tourist attraction it will be stated there. So after colosseum I got on the metro and stop at a few stops including spagna, flaminio, etc, so deform there I make a stop at piazza di spagna (the Spanish steps), piazza del popolo (the people square), I went to trevi fountain again because I want to see it during the day, then finally I wrap up the day with castel saint' angelo. I walk quite a bit today coz I feel my feet really hurt and my shoes are wearing out, guess I'll have one less pair of shoes after I'm done with Italy, thanks converse. ;)

The sant Angelo castle is along side the river with a busy stretch of street, it's very lively, full of vendor and activities. From far I can already see basilica di San pietro which looks so familiar and I didn't even know both are so close together. All and all I have say Rome is not like so huge that you can't cover in one day, coz everything is close to the vicinity. Rather it's the time you going to spend at each stop. As for me, I really taking my time slow without any hurry.

I have two more days to go. 

No comments: