Tuesday, October 29, 2013

It is your work in life that is the ultimate seduction.



















29 October 2013. Day 13. 9:01am

Day two in Rome.

Again, I got up about 5.30am, lay around for a little while and finally got up on hour later. Jon was also up making coffee, but he didn't offer, it's ok. I packed up some food and I got myself already a plan what to do. The hop on and off thing, figure out the airport ride and then will get myself a three day Rome bus tickets for the rest of the week.

I took the bus again and hit the termini, from there I have a lot of options and way to figure out where to go the best, so then i sorted my way for the bus and airport when it's time to go back. Once I got out from the termini, I was holding the green brochure and found the bus actually nearby. A tour guide spotted me and brought me to the ticket office to buy the ticket I need to board the bus. I paid eighteen euro and started the whole tour with the 9am bus. After colosseum, I bump into this Colombian lady which is really friendly, so we buddy up each other from there for the rest of the tour. We help each other take photo and stuff, much like a day trip travel buddy. We hit around Rome and make stops at numerous tourist attractions, that's really hop and go for you which makes it work for a city like Rome, because there's too many things to see with too little time.

When we come around to stop 7, we spent time there the most, almost two hours, for just one reason-  the Sistine Chappell.

Then it's already 5pm, so we decided to grab dinner at stop 8. Delfina is a great crazy travel companion, she was with me just a day even with the language barrier, we able to have a lot of laughing moment. She bought me ice cream, offer to pay half of my dinner, plus also some offering at the churches. The trip with her make mine less boring. We even shared my supposedly lunch coz we had the tour and the time was past lunch with some of the stops.

My friend caught me in the right time so we Skype for a while during my dinner, I was telling about my day but I really miss him dearly, without him Italy is just not the same at all. We sort of chit chatting, he asked me about my plan and all, for the slightest moment I actually thought he would propose to come and spend some more time with me before I leave this lovely country, but then I know that's a high hope and I only can daydream so much. Well nonetheless ........

After that we finally hit the end of the hop on tour and said our goodbye, but we promise to write to each other and send the photos to her. So what they say is kinda true, it's better to travel in pain than to be alone. Each to their own, I guess. So wrapping up today and had a really nice intro of Rome, tomorrow i will pretty much do the same thing, as I bought a three day pass using the city bus and metro. So i probably will just pop by some places that I missed today or otherwise visit those places I especially like for a longer period to see it more thoroughly or walk around the area a bit more.

On the way home, I missed the stop and incidentally found out where exactly is the trastevere station, which is a good thing, so I know now for sure how to get there on Sunday morning to take my train.

Oh well, I can really take my own sweet time literally because I have three days in Rome, that I can really utilize fully. We'll see then.

No comments: