Monday, October 28, 2013

To find fulfillment...don't exist with life - embrace it.















28 October 2013. Day 13. 7:55

I got up really early today, sleep ok. My host Anna Rita is a really nice lady, although she doesn't speak English much but we understand each other enough. She helped me with laundry and folded it all nicely which I found it this morning in the bathroom.

Despite the small little incident, I pretty look forward Rome. Just have to remind myself to be really really careful. That's all.

I arrived at the station much earlier, as usual, just to be prepared, I hate being late, I walked out from Anna Rita place at 9.30am, left her a thank you note she has prepared me a wonderful breakfast.

Now I am in the train to Rome, the first time I seated in such a train, it has different compartment and six people to sit inside one compartment, like in the Harry porter movie, my five other passengers are the quiet type, hence I won't expect any interaction in my four hour train ride, I guess my book n iPad will be my company then. Along this train rise I see magnificent mountain view and pass a lot of tunnels, so in a way I know that this train pass a lot of mountains.

The gentleman sitting across me is having his lunch, I think, or maybe appetizer which looks odd to me coz he is haven banana with ham. This is the longest train ride for me in Italy, four hour, so I can see inside the carriage, people bringing their own food, eating and all, which is a pretty normal thing. For whatever it is, all I do in Italy is a brand new experience for me. I can't say the same for you, because this is your home, not mine.

I reached Roma termini at 15:20, little did I know if I read the host instruction carefully, in I could've stopped at another bus station closer to the place I'm staying, nonetheless, along the way I met some really helpful people, although I took a bus instead I have no problem finding the place, there was this green light tour bus Bangladesh guy, he even pass me a brochure which I might consider to do this little shoestring hop on n hop off tour, then was esp this lady who speaks English really well that brought me personally and showed me the correct way, I am forever thankful to people like these, plus the Hispanic couple on the bus as well they r cute by the way, I met a cute couple in bologna too, bye now, I remember he said.

The host bf Jon was there to greet me, telling some house rules and their dog kilo, except for the fact that he jump all around my bed, otherwise all are actually fine. Looking at the watch is only 5pm, so I decided it's still early so probably I should head out and explore a little so to get familiarize with the place, coz it's not exactly the center of Rome in walking distance, I need to get around a bit to get used of the public transportation line, which I did effortlessly in the end.

After a short walk in Rome decided to head home and wanted to get a so called luxury dinner, but nothing actually look welcoming and too appetizing, then I walked around some more and see a mini marker round the neighborhood, what else? Groceries time for me indeed, so I grab food that last for a few days which is the usual, banana, yogurt, juice, bread, ham, cheese, beers, etc. simple food. After got home, I took a shower, only downside is the drain flow too slow, then I learn the trick of splash, wash, splash so not too open the shower too long.

Later on at eight plus, heather is back and we said hi then I found out both of them are America, living here for ten years and she is a cook plus doing a lot of things on the side as well. She is really friendly.

Since it's a foldout bed, I sat hit the living room, very exposed and no privacy, I don't actually mind, it's just for a few days anyway, i re look at the brochure again and highly considering doing the tour, because it covers most of dome main attractions in a reasonable price and reasonable time, then I decided that's what I'm gonna do. so I'm with my cellphone music player, headset, iPad and blast away for the night.

These few days gonna be an exciting trip in Rome!

No comments: