Wednesday, October 23, 2013

We must learn to be still in the midst of activity and to be vibrantly alive in repose.
















23 October 2013. Day 8

My alarm went off at 7am, both of them, I'm getting ready for Pisa today, it might rain, so I brought rain coat just to be ready. I really had a a good night sleep in that little colorful room, everything was so quiet at night and I slept deep.

I have no problem finding my way to the bus station and purchase the train ticket accordingly, I even went ahead and gotten my Siena train tickets as well, thinking that I should just stick to the train although some people said it's easier to get to Siena with bus, but I'm never a risky traveller so I just do what I know. After everything done, I still have a bit of time so I grab a cappuccino and croissant at McDonald. I finish the cappuccino coz I wasn't that hungry and I save the croissant for later.

The train will take 1 hour and 5minute to the Pisa central station. I sat down and start to scribble a little bit in my another journal, something more emotional and it made me cry. I guess I just care too much. The train make every stop that it passes by because it's a local train.   opposite a pair of mum and daughter where later I found out they're  actually visiting the Pisa tower as well and ended up we helped each other with the picture taking.

It wasn't too long of a walk to Pisa tower from the train station, again I found it quite easily because every person seems to be heading the same way. I enter from the other side of Pisa tower, the back of it, then again, no matter which direction you entering from, you it leave you nothing short of amazing when you finally seeing the tower yourself in I front of your very own eyes.

All you thing that you want to visit required a tickets at Pisa, I wasn't really particularly interested in going in any if it not even the tower, I'm happy enough just to look at the exterior, watching how people pose all they can pose in front of the Pisa tower, that was quite a sight. I covered everything within the square itself, took me about two hours. I am not really a detailed tourist, I guess, but then again maybe that's because there's no one going around with me, which makes the trip a wee bit dry. To me, it's not where you going to really, it who you go with.

I really have a lot of time around Pisa in that sense coz I cover what I want to cover, I didn't explore much further. I pass by a nice park which I sat down for a while, then I pass by this little grocery shop and decided to grab some chips, beer, yogurt and juice on the go. Then after that I walk back toward the same direction I came from and decided to sit down somewhere named plaza Garabaldi to have a quick bite, that seems to be a common name in Italy, Garabaldi.

When you have too much time in your hand, you will just tend to think think think, let's just say I am happy with my place rearrangement for now and I want to meet him really soon.

Two more hours to go before my train back to Florence. Or maybe it will be earlier :)

End up my decision to go back Florence two hours earlier was the right one. I boarded a 2pm train and head back to Florence center which leaves me a few more hours to stroll around town. I really love Florence for some reasons, it is quieter than Milan, but less complicated than Venice. Then again I still haven't been to Rome so it might be too early to say.

Amazingly I found a panorama feature on my cell phone which I absolutely love to bits, although that means I actually miss some good panorama shots of Venice but hope I'll get some from Milan since I am going back. Anyway I got some pretty good one for Florence to keep then continue on walking and thought maybe I should treat myself a little nice dinner. I intend to walk around and find a photo-booth that i spotted in the morning where you can have your shot continuously in black and white, I thought that will be fun to do but i couldn't find it at the end. So then just when I thought to get myself something nice to eat then I saw a sigh says nice platter with tuscany speciality which is quite rare to me, so I decided to pop in the shop and check it out. It's a nice cozy place owned by two young fella. So I ask about the platter then of course he said its nice so I give it a try and pula a two euro Tuscany wine that they serve as house wine. The fella is not too chatty, he just told me a platter is something he out it together and serve so what end up on my table is a plate full of different ham and salami that go with bread, there's five type of them, as recommend by him all very nice. The ristorante is newly open too just one and a half month old since September, I wish they well and good business then went on my way. I always admire people that have the courage to do what they love to do, I really hope they will do well from the bottom of my heart.

Then it's time to head home so I store the yogurt I bought and set my alarm to six am hoping that I'll get up early and make myself some breakfast n coffee tomorrow before my day to sienna. Before I go to bed I check mail and Giacomo sends me a thank you note, I replied saying I miss them already which I really do. Oh well, I'm sure somewhere somehow someway we will a presto, for sure.

No comments: