Tuesday, October 22, 2013

There is no remedy for love but to love more.














22 october 2013. Day 7

I woke at 6.30am this morning, want to get prepared to catch the train later. Today is the day my friend and I bid goodbye. I feel sad since last night and there will always be this big hole in me that nothing can fill. We were talking about it last night, gotten a bit emotional which in the end still solve nothing. I was crying on the train watching him sending me off, I'm never good at goodbyes, in fact I hate it.

Anyway.

9.15am on a fast train to Florence. Arrival time 11am. With the clear direction Giuliani has given me I don't have a hard time finding the place at all. I reach the place and settle down immediately. Her flat mate Martina was there to greet me and told me all the house rules that I needed to know. The other thing is my bag zip is faulty now so I have to buy a new one.

Then I went out walking to the center, which is actually more than 10min away, but it was a really easy walk, then when I reach the center, first thing when I saw a public phone is that I want to call my friend, so I did, I told that I arrived at Florence and the weather is absolutely gorgeous, he wish he could've be here together with me, sometimes deep down I guess maybe he is just saying nice things to me.

I walk in for about few hours until four and think I should head home, coz my feet really start to feel tired now, after six days of torture, my poor legs. I had a really nice simple tomato cheese sandwich for lunch. Then after I got home, I had a nice hot shower and then log onto wifi to check some mails and reply some messages, only then I realise I should do something about 25th. It's just a really spontaneous thought that I want to go back to Milan and meet him, because after thinking about it, it just too many days in Florence and I wish to move sienna and Pisa to weekdays rather than weekend, hence that frees up two days for me. As you know I never wait, so I tell my friend about my thought afraid that he might already have something in place, which he did, because he promote his brother to spend the weekend with him, nonetheless he is kind enough to still ask me to proceed with my plan and spend one day with him and to me that's the more important day anyway. I just don't want to trouble anybody even thou he is thinking of making plan backward to come to wherever I am instead but I couldn't let him, to allow me to be there in Milan and manage to spare some time with me, that's good enough for me. So after confirm the thought, I quickly check back the same hotel and fortunately there's room available so I quickly book it and there, Milan here I come again. I really start to worry falling all over again, this time only harder.

After having a happy thought, I decided to take a walk and look at Florence at night in a different way, which not surprisingly Florence at night has it's real charm, especially the cathedral. I sneak myself a cigarette enjoying the cathedral night view and people watching, feeling amazing and still can't believe that I am in Italy. I took the bus to town as I know which one to take already, then walking along, my friend told me the local wine is worth trying, so I did together with some yummy gelato and that was my first gelato in Italy and I did it in Florence. Oh now wait the panda doesn't count, does it?

After a lovely night walk, I just happened to find a self service laundry place nearby so I walk around and saw this friendly old lady which I can't make out what she said but I've decided to come around and wash some clothes. There was one italian dude and a Philippine lady doing their drying. The philipino lady was friendly and we got into chatting. She asked me when I'm from, how old am I, I ask her to guess, she thought I'm a twenty something, but who can i fool, my twenties is way passed me, I told her my age and she instantly ask if I have a boyfriend, there's this certain value Asia can't shake off. Married and have a family young, for some small town people at least that is true and at least they are keeping the balance of the whole thing. She married with two kids and his husband also here. So here I am waiting for my clothes to dry. What a lovely way to end the day.......

No comments: