Monday, October 21, 2013

Make visible what, without you, might perhaps never have been seen.















21 October 2013
Day 6

Without any set itinerary, we woke up and get ourselves ready by 8.30am to explore Milan on foot. My friend has much to tell me, this is a city he lived in for 13 years after all.

We walked around Milan from street to street, from middle ring to inner ring, my friend telling me stories after stories, from his first move to Milan, how he spotted a girl he likes that he tried to woo her but realized that she had a boyfriend that broke his heart in that lonely winter, I also found out how he and his current girlfriend meet, which my intention is to detach myself from it by knowing more, so that I will know what am I actually getting myself into. I tried all my might, but my emotional side always get the worse out of me, I surrender. Listening to his stories, there's nothing much I can response and do but just knowing that deeply from the bottom of my heart I wish him well and happy.

We covered 30km walk throughout the day and whatever we should visit, we've visited. My friend always make sure I'll get the best of all my trips, bringing places that I shouldn't missed, make sure I'm well fed. We had our nice little breakfast in a typical Milan small cafe where my friend often go he was telling me how perfectionist Milanese could be from fashion to the smallest details of making pattern on your morning cup of cappuccino. We then went for McDonald for lunch, that's inevitable if you travel, you bound to find a McDonald surely want to go for it.

In the mid of our walk, Vicenzo also called to say hi and actually ask for my email address, which got me thinking I should also get theirs so I can send the the photographs.

After the one day Milan sightseeing walking tour, we wrap it up at 6pm and getting ready to head back to the hotel. My friend's brother will bring us to a nice southern italian restaurant for dinner in his brand new car. That's when I realise parking in Milan street is a mess and my friend wasn't joking at all.

I tried out a nice small ear pasta cooked with turnip top and anchovies, plus my friend also got this appetizer plater contains various type of marinated veggies, olives, mushroom, eggplant, etc. the taste is very rich and salty, some even spicy, but all and all I like it. Tonight was also the night I drank the most, three of us finished a bottle of wine, sweet wine with biscuits then lastly finish up our night at a bar nearly with more drinks, I had a beer. We seated outside by the sidewalk, enjoying their fun company, crazy brotherly conversation and the chilly light drizzling Milan weather, that wrap up my last night here.

No comments: