Friday, October 18, 2013

People forget how fast you did a job - but they remember how well you did it.












18 October 2013. 18:40
Day 3

Woke up at 6am, it wasn't so bad, I slept enough and am getting ready for the day. We made ourselves a cup of coffee before we head out both; Vicenzo n Giacomo already gone when we awake. We got out from the house about 10, we stopped by the little corner cafe to get light breakfast: croissant and coffee again.

The original plan was to visit another section of St. Marco then stop by and the train station to get the train ticket to Milan, so we started off walking by the grand canal and the weather was extremely unbelievably great today, it gotten so hot that I actually have to take off my fleece and just wear my singlet. While I was in Phuket I didn't get tan but I'm thinking if the weather keeps on getting hot like this, I might get a good sunburn here in Italy. After walking around for a bit, my friend got a call from vicenzo saying that the janitors in his school went on a strike and basically the school cannot operate without them, hence it's a day off for the school, since we are very near where Vicenzo teach, The Art Academy we then are going to get a short meet with him there, where I had a short tour to his classroom and he bought us another cup of coffee, where in Italy you just have to get used to drinking coffee a lot.

After that we send vicenzo back to the school and still have a bit of time on our hands before my friend needs to be with vicenzo to get something done, hence our Venice walk continue where we keep on walking and shooting, everywhere in Venice is just amazingly nice especially under such weather. My friend suddenly feel a bit emotional where he talks about being a foreigner in his own country to avoid certain things as there's so much stuff happening around here that's very depressing. Then again who isn't after happiness, I guess the key is don't let the bad thing eats you up inside. I didn't say more as I'm surely not the best advisor myself.

At around 13.30 we passed by another station that sells the three island tour tickets, I missed one in the morning where i then thought it might be better to do it in the morning, because today I wasn't really prepared for an island tour, although I'm a bit tempted to do so and looking at the next tour will be at 14.10, that leaves me not a lot of time hence I move on and scratch it altogether.

We walk on and meet up with Vicenzo over a corner near the academy, then my friend and I parted our separate ways where I take another route just to see the tour tickets station once more, I've contemplated for about 3min the decided to hop on, because if I were to do it tomorrow which is Saturday's morning, the other station that is selling the tickets will be much more crowded with long queue coz it located near St. Marco, another reason because I foresee a mad crowd that visit all these islands during the weekend, which turn out my decision is a good one after all.

The tour takes about five hours and the tour guide is a really sweet lefty lady that speaks several languages explaining to us thru out what the tour is all about. I move inside the boat after I realise although outside u get the view but u can't hear shit what she is explaining. The tour include Burano, Murano and Torcello, where I also will be able to see the making of Murano glass plus the famous lace.

Now I am on the boat on d way back where it will take approximately 45 min to reach. Luckily I grab a salami sandwich when I was in Murano just now, so I don't actually feel particularly hungry, what I want is rather a good glass of beer, or wine, or just any alcoholic beverages in any case, ha!

Anyway, I texted my friend once I reach St Marco, finding my way back with absolutely no problem at all, once you get used to the route, places you want to go is not exactly that hard to find. How nice it is that tonight is a full moon night, Venice looking absolutely amazing at night, it's another sort of view. My friend ended up waited for me downstairs after he got my msg about 10min later, he bought me a less bitter spritz then head back to home for dinner after. He cooked me a really hot delicious pasta with whatever he can find in the kitchen, then I help out with the dishes willingly so that I don't feel totally useless coz I have to admit my cooking sucks. Then we ended the nigh with him watching movie and me typing away hoping that tonight I'll get a good night sleep. Good night! End 18/10 21:55

No comments: