Saturday, October 19, 2013

Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself.



















19 October 2013, 10:35
Day 4

My worst night yet, didn't get a good sleep at all. I thought with my eye mask and ear plug that would help but not at all, I can hear every single thing so clearly, when he came to bed, when he went to the washroom, everything, I supposed it's not because of the coffee, three coffee in a day that probably done it for me, but I am not sure. Finally drag myself up at 8.30, had a coffee, minding our own business, then decided to wait no longer and head out for a walk, it'll be such a waste I guess to just sleep in. I walk to the place where we had pizza dinner that day, where it's quieter, away from the crowd, I mean I still have half a day to rejoin the crowd later in St. Marco if I chose to, today is my last day in Venice, just decided to take it really easy I guess.

The thing with me and traveling I'm not too obsessive about the top list, must do, must watch, must see list, as long as I know I cover some tourist attractions that are important, I can even skip the details altogether, just like here, I didn't go in any museum, church, art exhibition, because I know that those are not my top priorities, I would just rather chillax, kind of like now, sitting by the canal, people watching.

Ok, got a text from my friend now, I gotto go and meet him at Garabaldi, he is talking as if I know the whole Venice well, ha! Update again soon. Ciao!

11.15am

Saw my friend from afar at the Chinese owned little cafe, we proceed walking to meet Vicenzo at the academia bridge, we had a little fried snack, mixed veggie, olive n stuff because we only had one coffee before we head out. Then we were walking and talking about random stuff, he popped a question about bucket list, I told him I have none coz being the in-ambitious human being as I am, setting list is not my thing at all, to me taking it one day at a time, that's all. Then I asked him his, he said he would to do more traveling freely especially along the US coast, without destination and time constraint, also he would like to own a house by the seaside, but he wants to do all that not by himself. Well, at the moment I already found out he sorted out his gf problem and manage to pursue her to move to Malaysia for a short time and I see that as a totally good start, I gave him some encouraging words. Then we went out talking about achievement, successes at a young age, about life and what people want, which we concluded it all a matter of choice and how u look at things. He ask if his gf can meet, Im delighted and tell him that I would love to.

After realized Vicenzo is running about 3min late by the watch, we decided to walk to the academia to see if we can find him, then coincidentally we saw him swiftly walked pass without realizing us there, we followed him to the bridge and to his puzzle he didn't see us which he probably thought we are late, I played close his eyes and he named some females name which I thought was really funny. We continue on to a super market where vicenzo bought grocery to cook for lunch. Then I asked my friend whether it will be good to buy something for the guys as a gesture of appreciation, so end up I bought them a bottle of wine, which I think I can't really thank them enough with that. Following Vicenzo this afternoon allowed me to see Venice in another way, whereby we take different route thru the little alley ways. We even had time to stopped by a cafe at St. Marco square to get a nice cup of coffee, the cafe is one of those really old classical italian cafe just like the famous cafe florian, which located opposite of this cafe.

So lunch was a nice home cooked meal by vicenzo, I helped out with the preparation a little as Vicenzo asked me can you work? Of course I can, without any hesitation, I was about to offer my help anyway, which I really should've offered it earlier. Then over at the dining table, them three continue on with their italian chit chat which I don't mind at all coz I know in a country that u don't know anything and the language, best would be to stay a observer, but somehow we ended up on the table talking about Vincenzo as a worst cook and surprisingly he won an award before coz of his cooking, that was a real funny joke over lunch that day.

The plan after lunch is to get to the train station to buy ticket to Milan for the next day because the online booking system seems a bit tricky to do. Then after some waiting, Giacomo decided to tag along for a walk and show us around, again which I was grateful for because he tells me much more things along the way with his knowledge of Venice and of course also talking much different route than i took in the last two days.

After we done with the ticket purchasing, we walked and met up with vicenzo somewhere for dinner, they took me around and show me more stuff, the hospital, the Venice gothic church, night in Venice is a totally different view compared to day. We end up at a nice little italian restaurant that serves food from the south. The guys pretty helpless with helping me out reading the menu even though there's English, esp my friend he was being so impatient and rude with me there which I find a bit upsetting, anyway, I try not to let this small thing get to me. People will forget what you say and do,but they will never forget how you make them feel.

After dinner, we reached home, I read a bit then hit the sack and call it another day.

No comments: