Thursday, October 17, 2013

Man's main task is to give birth to himself.














17 October 18:26
Day 2

Didn't manage to get more sleep after waking up at four in the morning, didn't dare to even toss and turn, the misery of sharing a bed with friend, afraid that I might wake my friend up. Anyway, got up 7am, getting ready for the day, took a shower and everything, feeling fresh, hope the jet lag feeling won't come back later to force me to sleep early.

My friend has some business that he needs to settle so we went out separate way, I was out on my own at 9am, along with my bag of stuff- book, notebook, iPad, phone, camera, water, a bit heavy but essential things that I kinda can't do without maybe after today I'll figure out what a must bring and what is not, else the load will kill me.

Walking about St. Marco Square again, in fact just the square itself and all those little alleys will take you days to explore and walk about if you chose to, I did a bit of a walk because I have to meet with my friend back at Arsenale by noon, so I decided to just walk back and stroll along his favorite stretch of street in Venice. I walk around and see all these wifi sign, then I know I gotto settle down in on to get the connection, within minutes I walk back again and pick a cafe name- Caffe India, I order myself a cup of tea and wifi away. Check mails and return some whatapps message plus to let mum n dad n bro know that I'm all safe. I was really enjoying the sun and feeling so great sitting by the roadside with my tea, people watching and the shop actually handle by two young Chinese fella. My friend actually told me this is probably some mafia behind the scene money business, but I couldn't care less. What I don't understand is that he might be right for all I know, because he is from here, but just that sometimes why can't people just see things in a more positive light, I wonder.

Then my friend arrived and we decided to grab lunch before we go for more walk around, from the stretch of street we picked one that run by a small family, look very busy and local, we order some sour lemony marinated light grilled beef (which is young beef, looks exactly like chicken and taste also quite similar, the inky difference is I need to chew more and the meat is tougher). Although a small family restaurant, the pricing isn't any cheaper compared to other restaurant, according to my friend. Then again he already told me upfront about eating out in Italy that it will cost quite a fair but where by a normal meal would probably cost u about 50-60 ringgit where with that money you can get something very decent back home.

We chat a bit more during lunch about the walk that we are going ton take later, I have with my some top list if places to visit and map which comes in very handy. I'm not too obsessive about Must See, so my friend and I really just taking it easy with a slow pace, no hurry, which is the way I proffered to travel. I also decided to get the bill coz after all I won't be here if it's not because of my friend, so I think it's appropriate to buy him lunch as a gesture if appreciation.

Even with the walk around the square, I know he might be joking, I know he might be teasing, but there's a lot of whining and complaint in the end making me feel bad about certain things: I should perhaps take the boat, even though he said he is ok to walk, asking me opinion about places I want to visit but being vaguely coy, he could've just suggested the place and ask me whether I want to go, after all he is the local, I'm not, too many times he playing the sorts of democrats game and want to ask ur opinion for it but in the end kind if made it worse. I probably should've let him know that money is not an issue. Train fast or slow, to visit museum with a few or to take boat that you need to okay to somewhere else to visit, etc etc. maybe it's just me who thinks too much, I always do.

Anyway, I was glad I have him to guide me around, I shoot a lot of photos until my camera went flat on me, lucky I have my iPad and phone, anyway with that I really can't thank him enough, the day tour was great, walk around literally for half a day, that we both know is going to hurt our legs and feet, some willingness actually won't hurt, but instead I heard complaint jokingly, which I don't know if I should take it seriously or.........?

No comments: