Thursday, December 12, 2013

Ain't rememberin' wonderful?
















# Your heart's on the loose #

# You roll them sevens with nothin' to lose #

# This ain't no place for the weary kind #

You know that song?

Hmm? Can't remember who did it.

That's the way it is with good ones.

You're sure you've heard 'em before.

You wrote that?

Yes, ma'am, just now.

This is so unfair. What?

Some people give 10 years of their life to be able to do something like that, and it just- it just pours out of you.

You mad at me?

You want me to go to a motel? No.

What?

I don't want you to go.

Well, what then? [ Sighs ]

Well, you're writin' a song on my bed.

So? So...

every time I lie down, I'm gonna hear that beautiful goddamn song, and- And you're gonna be out there...runnin' around, not even rememberin' this day...that I can't even forget.

If I could walk, I'd come to you.Sweetie, come here. [ Sighs ] Come here. Listen to me. When I was at the hospital, I thought about who to call. [ Sniffles ] Who really gives a damn about me? And then, I thought about who I wanted to see. [ Chuckles ] You hear me? Huh? [ Sobbing ] I'm not gonna forget about you. I'm not gonna forget about this day. I promise you. [ Exhales ] Look at you.

No comments: