Sunday, March 7, 2010

Hard things are put in our way, not to stop us, but to call out our courage and strength



some fav lines from 500 days of summer

day 488 - at the park...

Summer: I woke up one morning and I just knew.
Tom: Knew what?
Summer: What I was never sure of with you.

Summer: One day I'm reading Dorian Grey at the
corner deli and this guy sits down
and starts asking about it. Now
he's my husband!
What would have happened if I went
to the movies instead? If I went
somewhere else for lunch? If I
showed up to eat ten minutes later?
Tom, it was meant to be, just like
you said. And as it was happening,
I knew it. I could feel it, sure as
the sun. And I kept thinking to
myself "Holy shit. Tom was right."
You were right about all of it.

It just wasn't me you were right
about.

No comments: