Friday, October 25, 2013

We read frequently if unknowingly, in quest of a mind more original than our own.



















25 October day 10

I woke up couple of times last night, don't know if it's because I'm too excited tomorrow or for some other reason. Whenever it is, it doesn't bother me though, I got up at 5.30am only to find a few message on my cell bearing birthday wishes. The thing about different timezone is that, while you still asleep at this side of the planet, your friends n family on the other side already up and running, no wonder my friend always torn into two whenever he is back for vacation, unbearably facing the time difference, now I feel it.

I prepared myself, all pack up and dressed getting ready for another day early, I walk down the bus station at five past six and the bus arrived at Firenze SMN at ten to seven. I have about one hour to kill which is what i intended, no rush, no hurry, get everything ready, just need to go.

On the bus to the train station this morning, i encounter my first ticket check, it really happened, there's this guy without ticket. It puzzles me on how exactly this system works, not to say this is a wrong system but there's quite many loophole that people can bypass, like if I'm a tourist I can always pretend that I didn't know about the validation, if a local get caught there will be this long winded argument of some sort giving reason etc as what happened on the bus just now, I saw that young fella trying to defend himself for sure, I didn't know in the end what happen, maybe he got a way with it, maybe he got a fine ticket,  anyhow this is still a system that intrigues me.

So now here I am, having my yogurt and my first cappuccino of the day. Really glad I won this iPad mini, it makes my journey richer and more exciting, here I am typing and tracking daily Italy doings.

I think this time back to Milan will be so much more relax, my friend should've tagged along with me as he just bored to death at his brother's place, but I hope he will have fun this weekend with him, being away for long time and all.

Anyway, one more hour to departure, won't be long now, later!


I arrived at Milan central station at 9.46am, a 6 min delay and I actually pass by my friend and gave him a surprise hug, I'm happy he was there to greet me. Then what comes next is just a walk around town, not much, just getting lunch at a pizza place and went with him to book his ticket, ended up I even getting on the same plane as he is. We didn't really do much today, so after we settle it all, we hop on a train and head back to hotel. Then for dinner, we just went to the nearby Carrefour express to get some salami, bread, yogurt, banana, cheese as our dinner, sometimes I'm really easy when it comes to things like that, not too picky or fussy, although I have to admit I do have my own preferences but depending on the situation I can adjust accordingly.

I guess all and all, the trip back to Milan is really just to spend more time with him and to celebrate my birthday with him in this way that I will never ever forget. I'm so glad I did this.

For tomorrow I already know it's his day with his brother, so I'll just go around Milan on my own to further explore its beauty by myself, then in a few days my Italy trip will come to an end, I hope this trip is very worthwhile.

No comments: