Thursday, November 12, 2009

Give all to love; obey thy heart


Even now I can smell your clothes
Freshly from the wash,
Still hot from the dryer.
Even now I can smell your skin
As I wrap you in a towel,
Lay you on the bed, and try to love you
Even now I can feel your arms.
I can feel your breasts.
I can hear your songs.

And I always can find you again.

Even now I can feel your hand
Gently over mine,
With almost no weight at all.
Even now I can feel your eyes.
Watch me as I strum
Much too late at night.
Even now I can see you smile.
I can hear you hum.
I can hear you sing.

And I always can find you again.

Even in the dark of night.
Even in the lowest light.
Even as the world outside is spinning,
And spinning

Even now I can feel your hair
Blow across my cheek
As we sit in one of two chairs.
Even now I can feel your face
Resting on my chest,
Wrestling for sleep and failing at it.
Even now I can see you sleep.
I can see you dream.
I can see you fly.

And I always can find you again.
And I always can find you again.

No comments: